King Edward Quay, The Hythe, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8JB
Colne Light is a steel lightship built by Philip & Son Ltd of Dartmouth in 1954 and is 138 feet long and weighs 538 tons. There are three deck and six cabins. The light, when in use, could be seen from 11 miles away. She served as a navigational light ship until 1988. Now used as a training ship for the Colchester Sea Cadets. Take a look around the ship, meet some of the cadets and staff.
This event took place in September 2015 and the entry is now archived.
Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service
Date last modified: 10th September 2015 at 09:49