The Pumping Station, Waterworks Road, Ryhope, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR2 0ND
Be enthralled, excited and enchanted by the site of two Victorian Beam Engines of 1860, working under steam power, as they have for almost 150 years. The Engines provided clean water to Wearside for 100 years, and have been run as a museum for over 45 years. The Museum, with a working Blacksmiths Shop is now regarded as one of the finest industrial monuments in the North East of England, and is in a Grade II* listed building.
This event took place in September 2013 and the entry is now archived.
Disabled access to ground floors and tea room and toilets.
Ryhope Engines Trust
Date last modified: 11th July 2013 at 17:13