Solomons Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4AJ
Built in 1929 and now listed as an ancient monument, the pumping station houses two 14 inch Campbell single cylinder diesel engines which used to drive the pumps during storms and flooding. There’s also an old Victorian printing press on which the Rochester Gazette was printed and a number of model windmills. An old Aveling and Porter road roller built by the famous Strood factory stands in the grounds.
Car parking is available at the Pentagon car park next to The Old Brook Pumping Station.
Adjacent to the disabled and Pentagon car parks Map link.
Medway Industrial Archaeology Group in conjunction with Medway Council
Date last modified: 30th July 2014 at 11:07