HODs Quiz of the Year
It’s that time of year – get your teams together and test your trivia talents with the HODs quiz! We discover so many fascinating facts through this festival, how many do you already know, and what will be your new favourite?!
All the answers can be found on our website but when you’re ready to check them off click the link at the bottom.
1. Which sparkly children’s lullaby was written in Colchester?
2. What is the name of the bell in St Alban’s medieval clock tower?
- A - Gabriel
- B - Balthazar
- C - Ben
- D - Gloria
3. Which Minster stood in as Westminster for the coronation scene of ITV’s popular series ‘Victoria’?
4. Who electrified Winchester Cathedral?
- A - Ebenezer Scrooge
- B - Jeanie Dicks
- C - Joe Blogs
- D - Jerry Pacemaker
5. What historic house, which held Europe’s largest strong room when it was built, hosted our anniversary party this year?
6. The oldest Working Men’s Club still in its original use was honoured with a blue plaque this HODs – where is it?
7. We weren’t the only ones celebrating this year – which city is the home to 2 icons with big birthdays?
8. Where do Cambridge County Council store significant items from their archaeological collection?
- A - They don’t have one
- B - A secret warehouse outside the city
- C - The Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology
- D - A nuclear bunker
9. Every age has its fashions and fads, the Victorians had Pteridomania - but what was this a craze for?
10. Here's a cheerful chap, but what is he and what was his purpose?
12. What place links dinosaurs, football, and a subway?
11. When the circus came to a Cornish town, where did the elephants go to drink?
- A - The ornamental fountain in the Parade
- B - A trough outside the pub
- C - Golitha Falls along the River Fowey
- D - The well that never runs dry - ‘The Pipewell’
How well did you do?
Have a magical holiday season - festive cheers from all of us at HODs HQ!