Job opportunity - join the national team!
Want a fantastic overview of the heritage sector? A chance to see behind the scenes of a national festival whilst gaining valuable admin and customer service experience? Can you keep focussed under pressure to process data and still answer enquiries with a smile? YES? Then we might have a job for you!
We’re looking for a registration assistant to help us bring together the extraordinary programme of events across the country for our national event directory, and assist with the general running of our amazing community led festival.
Interested? Read on for details and drop us a line with any questions...
The job - what you'll be doing
- Supporting registration - proof-reading thousands of event entries and contacting organisers for extra information
- Supporting the press team - looking for and sharing event highlights as you process entries
- General administration - things like sending mail outs, managing bookings for our national webinars
- Customer service - helping to run the all important 'info' email account - answering and redirecting queries promptly, with a smile!
Full Role Profile: Find the role profile and more details on NT Jobs here
NOTE - July and August are the busiest time of year for this role, working through all the entries in time for the festival in September. The festival dates are 9-18 September.
- Salary: £22,763 p/a
- Contract: full time / fixed term - 12 months starting in February
- Location: London based but a mix of home/office working - Our office is in central London and, dependent on restrictions, at least 1 day a week will be in the office.
How to apply:
We are a project of the National Trust so please see more details and apply through NT Jobs
Please do get in touch for a chat if you have any questions about the role or process.
TIP - On the first 'application sift' we will be looking at 'cover letters' (or their equivalent) before we consider any CV style documents listing details. The first thing we look for is an interest in and understanding of the aims and nature of Heritage Open Days - this does not mean you have to have experience of the festival, just understand what it is.
Recruitment timeline - what happens, when?
- Applications close: Midnight Sunday 9 January*
- Applications are reviewed by the team: 12-14 January*
- Interviews: 19th January
- Post offered: by 21 January
- Job start date: as soon as possible!
*NOTE - We may start reviewing applications from 5th January and reserve the right to close this advert early, so we encourage you to apply early.
Find out more
Who are the team?
- Get a quick sense of who's who on our Meet the Team page
- Have a taster of what we do by checking out the 'Take 5 with the Team' posts on our blog
NOTE - Sarah and Alex will be the ones looking at applications and interviewing candidates.
Got a query? Want to chat?
Drop Sarah a line – firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call on 07770 740299
IMPORTANT NOTE - she won't be able to take calls or receive messages until Tuesday 4th January