What do you treasure? Add your voice
This year, at the National Launch of Heritage Open Days 2016, we would like to feature you talking about your personal treasures on camera.
Your treasure might be an object, or a place that is special to you. It might be a person, a community or even a skill.
To take part, please send us a video clip of yourself with your chosen treasure, answering the following questions:
- What is your name and where are you from?.
- What is the thing you most treasure and why?
No previous camera experience? It doesn't matter- all you need is access to a smart phone- we will help you with the rest.
- Find a quiet place without too much background noise
- Wear plain clothing - avoid stripes/checks/logos
- Make sure your head is in the frame and you are talking directly to the camera. It may be easier to ask a friend to film you or to stabilise your mobile on a table or a tripod
- Include the question in your answer ‘ My name is….. and I am from…..’ and ‘The thing I most treasure is….’
- Please include your treasure in the video- this could be a picture of your local community, an object that represents what your treasure is, or you could film yourself in front of it
- For our editing team's how to guide click here and to see their example click here and view with the password 'Heritage'
How do I send it?
Once you are happy with your VLOG clip, please wetransfer it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Treasure VLOG by June 21st.
Want to take part but don’t know how to start? Don’t be put off! Our very friendly editing team are here to help you with any questions you have. Contact email@example.com.