Volunteer with the national HODs team!
Are you interested in supporting and encouraging local communities across England to celebrate and share the places that matter to them? We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to play a key part in the promotion and development of this year's festival.
Volunteer Website Content Creator
Ever wondered how such a large and diverse festival runs? Join the friendly and dedicated Heritage Open Days team, and develop your skills and contact network. You’ll play a key role researching and promoting highlights for England’s largest grassroots heritage festival - there’s no better way to get an overview of the sector.
- Research, develop and write diverse and engaging content for our website to engage participants and the wider public with this year's event & themes
- Support and promote HODs events and activities through researching and writing 'Festival Spotlight' posts
- Source images and provide information for stories
"This has been an extremely rewarding opportunity for me...it was really nice to learn from everyone on a daily basis and always feel like I had support when I needed it." Courtney - previous volunteer
You will enjoy the role if you:
- Have good attention to detail and excellent written English with some creative flair
- Feel confident in communicating with a wide range of people in a friendly manner
- Are interested in history, architecture and cultural heritage, and in exploring and connecting with people across the cultural sector
What can we offer you?
- Ongoing support throughout, with wider career discussions
- Flexible working days and hours
- Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance
“I found it extremely rewarding, giving me a greater insight into the sector as well as building my confidence after making the decision to change my career.” Archie - previous volunteer
This is a great opportunity to gain an insight into the heritage sector, with previous volunteers going on to work at organisations such as...The National Gallery, Tate, RIBA, Historic Houses, V&A and The Heritage Alliance.
Interested? Find out more....
- For full details of the role and support we offer see the role profile here
- Have a taster of what we do by checking out the 'Take 5 with the Team' posts on our blog
- Got a query? Want to chat? Drop Alex a line email@example.com or give him a call on 078 7036 4703
How to apply?
- Apply NOW by submitting this form
- Applications close: Monday 17th April 2023 - 12PM
- Interview: w/b 24th April (TBC)
- Start date: Mid May