Church House
Whitchurch Scouts & Guides, Church House, Claypit Street, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1LF
Church House was opened by Earl Brownlow in July 1908 for use by parishioners of St Alkmund's Parish Church and associated organisations.
In its early days, it was the meeting place of The Church Lads Brigade and The Girls Friendly Society, while during WWI inquests were held on the premises. During its 118 year history, the hall has hosted many meetings, celebrations and social occasions.
A selection of documents pertaining to its inception, design and previous uses will be on display.
Representatives of the current owners, Whitchurch Scouts & Guides, will be on-site to answer questions about their activities.
Whitchurch Scouts & Guides, Church House, Claypit Street, Whitchurch, Shropshire, SY13 1LF