Cirencester Lock-up
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Sheep Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
The Cirencester Lock-up was originally built in 1804 in Gloucester Street to hold local troublemakers, vagrants, and drunks. In 1837, it was dismantled stone-by-stone and moved to its current site to serve as a punishment facility and refractory ward for the local workhouse. It was restored by the Cotswold District Council in the 1980s.
It can be found behind the Cotswold District Council building
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Sheep Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX