Lion and Lamb House, Goldsmiths Jewellers
Goldsmiths Jewellers, Lion & Lamb House, 113 West Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7HH
This 16th century building has a long and chequered history. In the 16th and 17th centuries it was an inn called The White Hart, which became the Lion and Lamb in the early 18th century and was divided into tenements. The date 1537 is cut on a brick plaque under the archway entrance to Lion and Lamb Yard but the plaque may have come from somewhere else. By the early 20th century the building was in a very bad condition and was largely reconstructed in 1921 on its original lines. A minstrels gallery overlooks the yard and there is a magnificent carved oak fire surround in the front room.
This event took place in September 2016 and the entry is now archived.
The Farnham Society & Farnham Town Council
Date last modified: 3rd August 2016 at 11:58