St Andrew’s Infant School
St. Andrew's C. of E. Infant School, Upper Church Lane, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PW
This lovely little Victorian school was opened in February 1860 by Bishop Sumner on a site known as Parsonage Yard. It is built in the neo-Gothic style, in the same pale clunch stone as the church. The two cottages next to Church Passage, also of clunch and in the neo-Gothic style, were built for the headmaster and headmistress of the school (these properties are not open to visitors).
Heritage Open Days is an opportunity to have a wander round the school and study log books and photographs covering the history of St. Andrew's.
This event took place in September 2016 and the entry is now archived.
The Farnham Society & Farnham Town Council
Date last modified: 3rd August 2016 at 12:05