St Martin's Church, Epsom
St Martin's Church, Church Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1LY
St Martin of Tours, Epsom, is the historic parish church of Epsom. Its origins stretch back to the medieval period, with the surviving flint tower dating from around 1450, while records of Christian worship in the manor go back even further, including churches noted in the Domesday Book. By the early nineteenth century the old church had become too small and was largely rebuilt in 1824–25 in a Georgian style to designs associated with Mr Hatchard of Pimlico, preserving the medieval tower, font and several memorials. Further enlargement followed in the Edwardian period, when Sir Charles Nicholson added the choir and transepts in 1908. Today St Martin’s remains a Grade II* listed building and an important landmark in Epsom’s religious, architectural and civic history.
The church is open daily from 11-20 September. On weekdays it's open until early afternoon.
St Martin's Church, Church Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1LY
There are two parking spaces for Blue Badgeholders which are accessible from Grove Road. These allow for step-free access through a door at the side of the building.