New Organiser Panel: Get on board!
On 26th November 2015, our new Heritage Open Days Organiser Panel will convene for the first time. And you could be part of it!
Over more than two decades, Heritage Open Days (HODs) has been thriving on the enthusiasm and expertise of local people. As the national festival embarks on a new bright future, their views, insights and ideas remain as important as ever.
The Organiser Panel will bring together at least eight committed participants from across the country, who will help us shape the development and delivery of the programme. If you are a HODs organiser or volunteer with the vision and ambition to make an impact nationally, why not apply to become a member!
Organiser Panel at a glance
- Minimum eight members
- Two meetings a year (26 Nov 2015 + 11 Feb 2016)
- Meetings will run from 12.30-15.30 (lunch included)
- Meetings held in London
- Travel expenses paid
The role would suit someone who...
- Has registered one or more events with HODs either opening up a site or co-ordinating a larger programme in their community.
- Has an interest in and/or a more in-depth knowledge of an area relevant to the festival’s delivery (e.g. PR & marketing, tourism, access, volunteering, evaluation, fundraising).
- Can commit to a two-year term of office and attending two meetings per year in London.
- Is prepared to read and comment on reports, minutes and other communications circulated to the Panel.
- Agrees to act as a HODs champion among their networks
How to join the Organiser Panel
- Complete the application form and return it by Tuesday 20th October 2015, 5pm.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of the different assets they would bring to the Panel: their experience, skills and role within HODs.
- Successful applicants will be informed at the end of October and invited to attend the inaugural meeting on 26th November.
For more information about the Organiser Panel’s purpose and structure, please read the Terms of Reference.
To apply, fill in our online form