All Saints Church, Woodham - heritage open day Saturday 18 September 2021
All Saints Church, 564 Woodham Lane, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5SH
This church includes stone carvings, each with a story to tell, beautiful mosaics, stained glass windows and other interesting features. Have a tour then relax with tea and cake.
This Grade II listed church, built in 1893 has many features of interest including:
- The stone reredos behind the main altar, carved in 1915 in the Gothic style, including figures of Our Lord with kneeling angels and 16 statues of saints.
- The panel of Carrara marble above the Lady Chapel altar, depicting the Blessed Virgin Mary and Holy Child carved in the 10th Century and originally from a church in Rome.
- The Lady Chapel decorated in the style of the Arts and Crafts movement and featuring a 1907 mosaic of the Annunciation using opus sectile (glass mosaic).
- Nine beautiful stained glass windows of different religious scenes.
- A Harrison & Harrison pipe organ, plus a framed letter from former US President Ronald Reagan making a donation.
Guide booklets are free. Christmas cards may be purchased.
Refreshments will be available in the Parish Room which adjoins the church.
Saturday 18 September: 11:00 - 18:00
No booking required
Wheelchair access is via the entrance ramp next to the disabled parking bays. There is also a bell at the door to ring for assistance. There is an accessible toilet in the Parish Room which is attached to the church.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival.
Someone will be on hand in the church to give you a 15-20 minute tour, or just look round on your own. Contact for the day: Adrian Vincent 07914 206642
Just off the six ways roundabout on the outskirts of Woking. Note that there are two All Saints churches on Woodham Lane! We are All Saints Woodham, GU21 5SH (not All Saints New Haw, though no doubt they would be delighted if you visit them also!).
All Saints Church, Woodham.
Date last modified: 6th July 2021 at 12:02