Ivy House (Farnham Conservative Club)
Farnham Conservative Club, Ivy House, Ivy Lane, off Downing Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PQ
The house is likely to have been built about 1700 and at the time would have been one of Farnham’s largest town houses, surrounded by fields and meadows and with uninterrupted views of the countryside to the south-east. In the late 19th century there was a corset factory in outbuildings and in 1901 an outdoor rifle range for ladies was opened in the grounds. It was bought by The Farnham Working Men’s Conservative Club in 1894.
This event took place in September 2016 and the entry is now archived.
The Farnham Society & Farnham Town Council
Date last modified: 3rd August 2016 at 12:12