Heritage Open Days 2018 Photography Competition
We know you love taking pictures of the incredible range of events that take place for Heritage Open Days each year. Now’s your chance to share the pictures you take with our entire community - and win some great prizes whilst you’re at it!
Capture the essence of a place, an unforgettable moment or just people having fun; we want to see whatever YOU loved about your Heritage Open Days weekend. Whether it’s the tallest tower, an industrial relic or a bustling street parade, this is your opportunity to show us what the festival means to you.
The competition is open to everyone in the UK, and runs from the 6th September 2018 until midnight on Sunday 23 September 2018. Entries should be submitted by email or through our online form (below). Our judging panel will choose one winner, with two runners up prizes also up for grabs. The winners will be revealed in October 2018.
- 1st Place – Your image will be featured on our 2018 impact report, which is circulated to our organiser network, supporters and wider heritage sector. Your image will also be featured on the homepage of our website. In addition, you’ll receive a £100 gift voucher, courtesy of Cotswold Outdoor, providing you with all the kit to continue your heritage adventures
- 2nd Place - You’ll receive a £50 gift voucher, courtesy of Cotswold Outdoor.
- 3rd Place - You’ll receive a £50 gift voucher, courtesy of Cotswold Outdoor.
What to submit:
- Your photos must be taken at a Heritage Open Days 2018 event.
- Your photos need to be at 300dpi and sent as a jpeg file no bigger than 10MB. If submitting your photos by email, send them as attachments - don't embed them in the email.
- You must ask permission of the landowner and/or event organiser before taking any photos.
- You’ll need any people featured in your photos to give written consent using our Model Release Form. Any images where people are identifiable that are not accompanied by a signed form will not be considered.
- You must read the competition T&Cs before submitting your entries.
- Why not also share your image on social media using #HODsShot?
How to enter:
There are 2 ways to enter this competition:
2. Email your image and any model release forms (as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please use ‘2018 Photography Competition’ as the subject line and include your name and details of where the photo was taken in the body of the email.
By submitting your entry you confirm that you have read and agreed to the competition terms and conditions.