Work With Us - 2021 Festival
Are you interested in supporting and encouraging local communities across England to celebrate and share the places that matter to them? We have some paid opportunities and volunteer roles that will play a key part in the promotion and development of this year's festival.
Paid Opportunity - Social Media Content Creator
The impact of social media on raising awareness and driving visits has increased dramatically in recent years. Consequently, we are looking for an experienced and passionate social media professional to support our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels during our busiest festival months.
- Research, write, and schedule content in line with weekly posting targets
- Source and produce visual materials (images, videos, gifs etc.) to complement social media posts
- Work with the HODs team to maximise the potential of social media in raising awareness and driving visits
- Work with the wider HODs team to ensure that social media is aligned with wider marketing and comms
- Provide a fresh perspective on the festival’s social media channels and play a part in influencing the overall direction and approach to social
- 28 days freelance contract, late-June to late-September
- £7,840 including expenses
- Home based with the potential of some attendance to meetings in the central office in London if/when guidance permits, as well as visits to participating HODs locations
Interested? Find out more...
- Download the role profile
- Queries - to have a preliminary conversation about this opportunity please contact Andrew Henderson, Marketing & Projects Manager: Andrew.Henderson@heritageopendays.org.uk
- Apply - please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9am on 7th June 2021
- Interviews - Thursday 10th June 2021
Paid Opportunity - Registration Assistant
Want a fantastic overview of the heritage sector? A chance to see behind the scenes of a national festival and gain valuable admin and customer service experience? Can you keep focussed under pressure to process data and still answer enquiries with a smile?
Yes? Then please join us! We’re looking for a registration assistant to help us bring together the extraordinary programme of events across the country for our national event directory, and we’d love to work with you!
Interested? Find out more…
- Contract: full time / fixed term (late June- late Sept)
- Role Profile: Find the role profile and more details on NT Jobs here
- Applications have now closed
- Interviews: First week of June
- Got a query? Drop Sarah a line – firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunity - Media & PR Assistant
Ever wondered how such a large and diverse festival runs? Join the friendly and dedicated Heritage Open Days team, and develop your skills and contact network. You’ll play a key role researching and promoting highlights for England’s largest grassroots heritage festival - there’s no better way to get an overview of the sector.
What can we offer you?
- Ongoing support throughout, with wider career discussions
- Flexible working days & hours
- Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance
"This has been an extremely rewarding opportunity for me...it was really nice to learn from everyone on a daily basis and always feel like I had support when I needed it." Courtney - previous volunteer
This is a great opportunity to gain an insight into the heritage sector, with previous volunteers going on to work at organisations such as...The National Gallery, Tate, RIBA, Historic Houses and The Heritage Alliance.
Interested? Find out more....
- Applications have now closed
- Applications close: Friday 28th May 4pm
- Interview: w/b 7th June (TBC)