Brighton Unitarian Church
Unitarian Church, New Road, Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, BN1 1UF
The church was built in 1820 on land purchased from the Prince Regent.
The congregation dates from 1793. The church building was completed in August 1820. Dr Morell, a well-known classical scholar, was appointed as the first minister of the church. Due in large part to his influence, the design of the church was inspired by the ancient Temple of Theseus in Athens. It was designed by well-known local architect Amon Henry Wilds – who built much of Brighton’s fashionable Kemp Town.
Attractive stained glass windows are an interesting feature of a simple recently renovated and decorated interior. Come and see our Grade II listed Regency building. One of the first classical places of worship in the city.
- Sunday 10 September: Open Door 1300-1600
No booking required
For updates on this event and any last minute changes, see: http://www.rth.org.uk/BHOD17
Nearly opposite the Dome Theatre, along New Road, north from The Theatre Royal
Brighton Unitarian Church and The Regency Town House
Date last modified: 13th July 2017 at 15:43