Old Police Buildings - Virtual Tour
Dudley, West Midlands
Dudley’s first police station was built in the late 1840s and is Grade II listed.
This digital event offers the opportunity to look behind the large wooden doors of Dudley’s first police station. It was built by “the county of Worcester”, complete with lock-up, around 1847. It was the first municipal building on the site in Priory Street. Records indicate that the architect was Harvey Eginton. The building is now used as offices, but some of its original features, including the heavy wooden doors in archways, survive. The building served as Dudley’s police station for nearly 100 years, until 1941, when a new police station was opened in New Street.
No booking required
This is an on-line event only.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival.
Further virtual tours and information about this and other buildings are available through the website link.
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
Date last modified: 25th August 2021 at 13:58